Sunday, December 14, 2008

The Philosophies of Gabriel Gim - The Way of the Atheist

If Bruce Lee could write The Tao of Jeet Kune Do, I should start writing my own philosophies on the way of living as an atheist. Hmmm...let's call it...The Way of the Atheist.

By the way, this blog was initially intended to be dedicated to my very own writing of my philosophies but somehow I lost tracked and diverted into a dogs' rights activist. But I am indeed a strong advocate of dogs' rights.

Nevertheless, let's start writing!

My very first very controversial philosophy.
Here goes..

'Men created God'

That's right, folks. Men created the word god and everything related to god. We don't see animals praying. So why only humans pray to god? Because, they themselves created god.
I strongly believe religion was designed as a guideline to one's morality and consciousness. But the followers have always interpreted religions in a different way to the extent that the major religions in the world have turned into something iconic or symbolic, into a club, into an organisation or a society where one can bond with each other and starts to advocate their beliefs to others.

I believe religions should be ripped of all its Godly supernatural beliefs and we should go back to the core of religion:- Philosophy and morality!

There is no god but men's god. It is our past ancestors who have created god. So, why are we believing someone who lives in the times of the barbaric era and when there is no Internet and space shuttle in those times? Why are we believing in it when we have not seen it? We believe in God because of the bounded societal culture we are living in. Only a few of us could break free from this barrier and started thinking scientifically and philosophically about the truth of the universe. And I am one of them:- an atheist!
Are you?

Try to reflect on yourself one day and ask yourself why are you still doing what your ancestors have been doing for the past 999 years? Times have changed and so must you!

From this very first philosophy of mine, Men created God, it lead me to my second philosophy which I shall discuss in the future.

No comments: