Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Lung Infection - Part 4

I took the blood test for the Quantiferon TB Gold on 24th August. Thankfully I did not black out after my blood was drawn as the previous times. I took the very first blood test in February 2008 for some other cause and I almost black out about 15 minutes after the doctor drew my blood out from my arms. As I could still remember, my vision became blurred, my entire body was tingling and I felt nauseous for about 5 minutes.


Ouch...painful!

The same thing happened again on 12th August 2010 when I took a blood test in General Hospital. Fortunately, I have reached home by then and I was untying my shoelaces when it suddenly happened. 30 minutes after the blood test, my vision was blurred, my body was tingling, I felt nauseous, I turned white as if I have seen a ghost, and I was sweating profusely as if someone has sprayed water on my entire body. I quickly took a bite of a bun that I have in my bag and I tried to chew and to swallow what I have put into my mouth but I could not. The bun remained in my mouth and I couldn't do anything. At that time, I felt like my entire body has shut down. I was sitting by the door and I couldn't move at all. This time the incident lasted for about 10 long minutes.

The lesson learnt was that I should have eaten something before or immediately after the blood test. On 24th August, I ate some Bee Hoon before I left for Island Hospital. I took the blood test and I went home and nothing happened. Phew! Thankfully!

On 26th August, I came back to the hospital to see the doctor for the results. There are crowds in Island Hospital but it is not as bad as General Hospital where you might have to wait for hours before the doctor sees you. Of course, in Island Hospital, you still have to wait for a couple of minutes before you can see the doctor because the business is good over there.

So I was waiting anxiously to find out whether the blood test result is positive or negative. And finally the nurse called my name to come in. It is time.

No comments: