Sunday, November 28, 2010

Do we need to go to tuition?

I noticed that many parents nowadays send their kids to tuition centres? Do we need to do that? I'm never a fan of tuition centres. To me, going to tuition is useless and a waste of time.

I have seen young children as young as Standard 1 students being sent to tuition centres. I wonder what their parents are doing?? Can't they teach their own children simple arithmetic or simple English grammar or simple Bahasa Malaysia? Or maybe these parents themselves are uneducated.

In my opinion, opening up a tuition centre is very profitable because many parents today are fond of sending their children to tuition centres. If they are so lazy to teach their own children simple Standard 1 lessons, let me do it for them by charging them money.

2 comments:

Wayne y.m.h. said...

1. only get the notes from the tuition center . I discover that notes from some of the tuition center are very useful on account of the data arranged in a systematic form and most important thing is the summary. Even some them can get some of the pass year papers of certain subjects for the students (these things we can't get from the school somethimes)from different school. I wonder whether they are collectors of pass year papers. This is very great bcs to have more references for studying particular subjects, especially Add. Maths, and other Science subjects as well.

2. No offense, timetable in school (I mean secondary school)is usually very tight, sometimes teachers have no time to teach some of the syllabus or chapters (maybe they think are useless or not important at all), afraid of they may skip 1 or 2, then we have to pay and attend the tuition class. By listening 1 more time of the lesson, we tend to remember the lesson, just like the second chance given to the students.

The Thing is money only. Sometimes I think we are using money to buy good results or certificates (if we really analyze all the facts or look through it), of course we have to work hard and know how to work smart too. Maybe parents nowadays or students themselves are afraid to be "defeated"? LOL who know >.^

gabe said...

Yes, agree. The one benefit of going to tuition is to get some additional past year papers which you can't get it from schools.

But other than that, I find tuition is just not beneficial. I think I will post another blog in the future why going to tuition is not beneficial.