Sunday, March 4, 2012

Lost World Hotel

About two weeks ago, I saw something interesting from Groupon. There was a Groupon voucher for a night stay at Lost World Hotel for just RM120. Immediately, I decided to buy the voucher.
So, I went to Lost World of Tambun on 1 March 2012 and I stayed at Lost World Hotel. I paid RM120 per night instead of RM200. It also came with 2 free passes to the Lost World of Tambun Hot Springs & Spa by Night and buffet breakfast.
The voucher is for the Exotic room. The view I got is overlooking some housing estate. If you want to have the theme park view, you will have to go for the Classic room. For the classic room, you have to fork out additional RM20.
What I like about this hotel:
- Everything is new inside the hotel because it just opened last April 2011.
- The room and toilet is new and clean.
- The staff are friendly.
- Lots of parking spaces available.
What I don't like about this hotel:
- The sound barrier is bad. You can hear people talking and walking in the corridor and it is rather loud. I believe it is because the room and the corridor are not carpeted.
- You have to slam your door to lock your door if you are leaving your room. After we left the room, we tried closing our door but it couldn't lock by itself. Later, we figured that we have to slam our door hard to ensure that it is locked.
- Since the sound barrier is already bad, imagine hearing everyone slamming their doors. Yes, I could hear that clearly the entire night from the room.
- No covered car park is available.

Nice bed. Notice that the floor is not carpeted.
There is an additional bed by the side of the window.

The toilet is new and clean.
The view overlooking a housing estate.

No comments: