Monday, January 17, 2011

I just got myself the Tetanus jab.

I accidentally scratched my left arm against some metal/steel equipment inside my house last Sunday. I had been thinking over the past one week whether I should get the tetanus booster vaccination or not. I felt some slight muscle aches on my left arm a few days after the scratch. I figured that this is probably some early signs of a tetanus infection. So, finally, I plucked up the courage to get the jab just a few hours ago.

I went to the government clinic and just paid RM1 to see the doctor. I told her about the scratch and she told me I should have come earlier to get the jab. I asked her whether it is too late to get the jab. She told me it's better late than never.

I went to another room and I was all ready to get the shot. I am already used to injections, anyway. I thought the shot will be painful but I was so wrong. I was surprised that the injection was not painful at all, probably I am already used to such pricks. The needle prick was not painful but after a few minutes later, I began to feel some mild discomfort on my upper left arm. It was probably the effect of the vaccination.

Now, the vaccination will probably protect me for another ten years (2011 - 2020). The last tetanus booster shot I received was in 1998 when I was in Form Three.

So, if more than ten years have passed since your last tetanus shot, it is recommended that you should get the tetanus booster. And you can get it for only RM1 from your nearest government clinic.

What's next. Now, I'm thinking of getting the chicken pox vaccination.

No comments: