Thursday, February 24, 2011

Preacher of corporate responsibility

Accounting practitioners are supposed to be a preacher of good governance and corporate responsibility. Unfortunately, they have neglected one important group of minority stakeholders - RESEARCHERS!

One Star reader has responded today to my article, right here. She claimed that the GLCs have been very supportive to her research including allowing access to her to distribute questionnaires.

If the GLCs can be supportive of researchers, why accounting firms cannot? It is time we must change the mindset of accounting practitioners. We may not be able to force accounting firms to support researchers, but I believe, I strongly believe, we can do something to change their mindset. Now, I have this wild idea of finding ways to 'educate' those practitioners on research methods to open up themselves to researchers.

Perhaps, one day, after I graduate, I would like to seek help from my professional organisation to co-organise a forum together with my University to talk on this issue.

No comments: