Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Researchers not welcome! Yesss, it was published!

I woke up this morning hoping for my article to be published. And there it is, printed in the Editor's column of The Star right here.

This time, I chose to reveal my name. And as usual, the article was edited.

Now, my main obstacles to my research are getting access to the organisations and getting people to respond to the questionnaire. Malaysians are infamous for not inclining in filling up questionnaires. Even my lecturer said that.

If you were to distribute questionnaires in the United States, the people there will be willing to fill up for you, including very busy CEOs and CFOs. It's because there is a strong research culture over there.

Anyway, I just wrote in to my professional organisation for help and they actually contacted me. One of the officers rang me up and said they can help in some way by distributing the questionnaires to their network members in Penang.

Now, at least there is hope.

No comments: