Monday, December 27, 2010

He who have not sinned shall cast the first stone

Since I don't read the Bible, I'm not sure if this is told in the Bible. But I have watched a scene from a movie about Jesus and I heard him uttered this phrase. I'm no longer a practising Catholic but I still admire the teachings of Jesus Christ.

The story goes like this.

A woman was running for her life away from an angry mob. The mob were not just chasing her, they were also pelting her with stones as they chased after her all because she has committed adultery.

Soon, the mob cornered her and violently pelted her with stones. Thankfully, Jesus happened to be around and he saw and heard the commotion. Quick enough, he walked in and stood in between the mob and the woman. He then uttered this famous phrase,
"He who have not sinned shall cast the first stone"

Immediately, everyone stopped what they were doing. Embarassed by their actions, the mob dispersed and walked away.

Jesus then said to the woman, "go forth and commit this sin no longer".

Perhaps, Jesus should come and spread this message to our Malaysian politicians and religious officials. They are not angels and yet they want to be our moral police.

Although I am an atheist, I admire how Christians preach one to forgive and love their enemies, INSTEAD of killing their enemies.

No comments: