Saturday, December 4, 2010

Some parents just don't know how to raise their children

Just like my neighbour and their relatives. A gang of Ah Bengs and Ah Lians with gangsters' attitude.

A couple of years ago, a small boy and a small girl (a relative of my neighbour) threw some sweet wrappers on our porch. Hence, my mom scolded the two children for doing that. The father (a typical Ah Beng) came to know about it and instead of apologising and scolding his children, the Ah Beng scolded my mom. Wow! And they did not apologise. In the first place, the Ah Beng father does not live here at all, he is a relative of my neighbour.

Well, there are consequences when you don't discipline your child properly. It is because those children turned nastier because what they have seen that day implied that it is perfectly OK to throw stuff to your neighbour's porch.

The very next day, they threw eggs to our porch. Yes, eggs! Thankfully, this time, the Ah Beng father was not around. Instead, the grandma was around this time. So, the grandma had to apologise and she had to clean our porch for her grandchildren's wrongdoing. Only then, the grandma scolded the children.

This is an eye opener for me because now I understand why there are so many criminals today. It is because their parents just don't know how to raise them properly. Like father like son. I wonder what is going to happen to that two children in the future. Probably, they will end up just like another Ah Beng and Ah Lian.

I'm sure you have read cases like the Kugan's case or the Mat Rempit's case. When they do funny stuff at night, their parents don't seem to bother. Only when they are caught by the police, shot by the police, or beaten up dead in the lock-up, the mothers would come up and say he's innocent bla bla bla...and blame the police instead.

Well, at least now I have seen with my own eyes how these children are raised by their useless parents.

2 comments:

MapleLeaf - YL said...

Agree with your statement, 'some parents don't know how to raise their children!'They are the irresponsible people.

gabe said...

Yes, it's a sad thing these irresponsible parents are around.