Thursday, December 2, 2010

I love History Channel!



History Channel is my favourite channel of all time!

AXN, HBO, Star Movie, Max Cinema, Star World....would not even come close.

Why I like History Channel? It's because I love history. And yes, History was my favourite subject in school with Geography coming second.

Through the History Channel Asia, I have watched documentaries on the French Revolution, American Revolution, World War 2, Communism, Cultural Revolution, the life of Prophet Muhammed, P.Ramlee, Al-Maunah incident, and many many more.

My only wish is that if they could play documentaries on Jesus or Buddha but I think it will not be allowed to be screened in the History Channel Asia because Malaysia is a Muslim country. But at least, a lot of documentaries on Islam are shown and I have watched many of these documentaries. Watching these documentaries does not mean I will convert to Islam but it helps me to understand that religion because I'm always curious about it. Now, I understand many many many things.
I have also learnt a lot on communism. I remember the narrator mentioned that if China had not practised Communism, China would have been a superpower by the 1980s, instead of now. Yes, I agree. I watched the documentary and it shows that communism was a total failure. Communism may look good in theory but in practice, it just couldn't work.

No comments: