Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Burger King in Penang

So it is really true that Burger King has finally arrived in Penang. I thought it was just a rumour. So it looks like Cosmo Restaurants Sdn Bhd which CIMB Private Equity has a 60% ownership stake on it finally decided to expand Burger King to Penang. In another words, CIMB owns Burger King in Malaysia.

I remember trying out Burger King back in 1998 in the newly opened Burger King outlet in the Sungai Buloh Overhead Bridge overlooking the PLUS highway. That outlet which was opened in 1997 was the very first Burger King outlet opened by Cosmo Restaurants. I can still remember it was very crowded at that time just like the Burger King outlet in Penang now.
The last time I had Burger King was 2007 in the Sungai Buloh outlet, again. I was there during lunch time which was supposedly a peak period but the restaurant looked really empty! Will the same fate befalls on our Penang outlet in the future? Nevertheless, let's enjoy some Burger King in Penang for now....

There was a realllyyy longggg queue on Sunday afternoon at Burger King Penang....

According to Bernama, Cosmo Restaurants is undergoing some expansion now to open up more Burger King outlets throughout Malaysia. They plan to open up 50 more outlets in the next few years. Another Burger King outlet in addition to the Sungai Pinang outlet will be launched in Penang as well. That sounds nice! Now, I don't have to eat Big Mac at McD again anymore.... I have more choices now!

Awesome Whopper! Somehow, I will always order a Whopper whenever I eat out at Burger King.



It's a strategic corner lot and it is the only shop to open in this row of shophouses. Will this place be the new E-Gate Penang? Cosmo Restaurant must have foreseen the probable future development within this area.


I got myself a table with a nice view. It does remind me of E-Gate.



Burger King, I will be back!

2 comments:

MapleLeaf - YL said...

Do u mean there was no Burger King Rest. in Penang before until now?!

gabe said...

Yup, Penangites are suffering for so many years...haha.