Friday, October 22, 2010

Respiratory Disorder - Episode 17

I went to see the doctor again on 19th October 2010 to get the result of my ANCA blood test.

The result was negative, as told by the doctor.

So, it is unlikely that I am suffering from Wegener granulomatosis.

So, it gets even stranger. If it is not TB, if is not Wegener, if there is no bacteria in my phlegm, that what am I suffering from?

Anyway, my phlegm was sent to Pusat Perubatan Universiti Malaya to be cultured and tested.
I am pretty surprised that nothing was found. No bacterium at all. Well, they did find Candida but this fungus is a common fungus found in anyone's trachea.

Again, the doctor asked me whether I'm keen on doing the needle lung biopsy. I am definitely not keen on anything invasive. Furthermore, I was told that there is a possibility that the lung biopsy might not reveal much.

I am still coughing but it's not as violent as 3 months ago.

I was told to come back 3 months later for another chest x-ray to ensure that whatever abnormality on my x-ray is stable and did not get worse.

I went home wondering what am I suffering from. Could it be hookworm inside my lungs that gave me all this problem? Or could it be a fungal infection - histoplasmosis? Any medical students reading my blog, ohh...please figure it out for me.

1 comment:

diceli said...

sir, may i know from what country you are? and the status of your disease now?