Friday, October 1, 2010

Respiratory Disorder - Episode 15

If you have read Episode 2, you would have remembered that I have an appointment with GH on 30th September.

After having the delicious loh mee for breakfast, I headed to GH. I handed in my appoinment card at 8.30am and I was asked to pay a fee of RM5.



The respiratory department - 103 (Klinik Dada) on the left


Informative posters along the corridor. Now you should get paranoid after reading that!



The respiratory department is not so crowded at 8.30am


As usual, the doctors will only come in at 9.30 am. So, I went outside to an open area and read my book. I don't like hanging around in the respiratory department because there are many people like me who are coughing there. So I believe some TB germs, pneumonia virus, bronchitis virus, H1N1 virus, common cold virus are flying around there in the waiting area. Paranoid, I am.

When I came back to the respiratory department at 9.30am, there was a huge crowd waiting already. So where shall I sit? I decided to stand along the corridor facing the open air.


Here I am waiting. TB germs and all sorts of virus and bacteria are floating in this waiting area. Yes, paranoid I am. I was waiting in the corridor between the respiratory department on my left and psychiatry department on my right.


The psychiatry department on my right. There are also many patients waiting at the psychiatry department. Some of these patients I find are just normal like me. Probably they are suffering from depression. I have also seen some, from their facial expression, I already know they are mentally unsound.



While waiting, I saw some guys walking on the roof. Don't ask me what are they doing on the roof. Mentally unsound?


After waiting for an about hour, I was finally called in. It is the same doctor I saw last time - Doctor V. Doctor V told me that the culture of my phlegm is negative for TB and they also found nothing in my phlegm. No other germs.


I told Doctor V that I have seen another doctor in Island Hospital. So she asked me whether I would like to continue seeing her in GH. I replied telling her that I prefer following up in Island Hospital compared to GH. Doctor V also agreed that the waiting time in GH is quite long and told me that Island Hospital is good.


Before I left, I told Doctor V that Doctor L in Island Hospital said that there is a possibility of a tumour. So, Doctor V took a look at my x-ray again. After looking at the x-ray, she said that it is unlikely a tumour. The abnormality on my x-ray looks more like an infection.


So I told her that the initial findings from the bronchoscopy was that they found Candida in my phlegm. So Doctor V told me that it could a fungus infection then.


I thanked her and I left GH for good, hopefully I don't have to come back again.


My next appointment is on 5th October at Island Hospital. So, stay tuned...

2 comments:

MapleLeaf - YL said...

Wear a mask when u visiting the hospital, just to protect yourself from the germs/virus/bacteria.

gabe said...

Yup, I was wearing a mask while I was there.