Thursday, September 16, 2010

Clinic Cafe - Gurney Plaza

I have seen it all over Facebook.
I was told about it.
And I was dragged into it, literally.

Clinic Cafe, the newly opened hospital themed restaurant in Gurney Plaza in addition to another outlet which was opened earlier in Seberang Jaya.

It is a very creative concept to decorate a restaurant themed as a hospital with its waiters and waitresses dressed like doctors and nurses. Despite being an awestruck attraction in Penang, such hospital themed restaurants have already been reported in the US and Japan.

The chairs are made to look like hospital beds, drinks are served in phials and medical bottles, some food are served on kidney dishes, and there are even operating theatre lightings.


I already hate being in a hospital, and now I'm going to eat in a hospital again??


The payment counter


Big glossy menu that will make you drool.



Awww...this looks too familiar!




Tom Yam noodles with prawns. It was so spicy that it made me cried. There were two big juicy prawns in it as well. However, the tom yam doesn't taste like tom yam at all and the soup was rather bland. This is one reason why I don't blog about food because I'm like Simon Cowell when I start commenting about food.



Tomato sauce in a syringe. What a grim reminder of my blood test!





Fish and chips. Yum yum. I have to admit the fish was tender and sweetly delicious.





This is what I call - healthy drinking. Nothing but good old plain water. Another reason why I don't blog about drinks is because I will always order plain water. Healthy drinking! And I am heeding the government advice to reduce my sugar intake.





I wonder if certain quarters would start making noises over this restaurant since there are crosses all over the restaurant. I hope not.


I wonder who would like to sit on these wheelchairs?



Remember to wear a mask if you have an infection. I never leave the house without a mask!

2 comments:

millymin said...

the food was so so... service was extremely bad!

gabe said...

Yup...the food was so ordinary...nothing special about it.