Sunday, September 5, 2010

Lung Infection - Part 7

Oooh, I can't wait to know the results of my blood test and the CT scan result on 30th August.
I was breathing heavily while waiting to see the doctor on that day. Finally, the nurse called my name and I entered the door.

She said my blood is ok. Most of it are negative and most importantly, HIV is negative. Pheww!
Then she showed my CT scan result and said that it matched the lesion on the chest x-ray. Most importantly, there are no new lesions in my lung.

Okayyy, then what?
She can't still diagnose from the CT scan whether it is a tumour or it is an infection. She said that there are three possibilities.
1. A bacterial or fungal infection
2. Tumour/Lung cancer
3. Wegener granulomatosis

She told me she will seek advice from a professor in KL before proceeding to the next step. Meanwhile, she advised me to take an ANCA blood test to determine if I have that so called Wegener thingy. What is this Wegener granulomatosis? It is some rare disease and I will explain it next time.

So I decided to take the blood test on some other day because I'm in a daze at that time. I just want to go home and sleep.

No comments: