Friday, September 10, 2010

Lung Infection - Episode 12

Episodes sound more suitable for a long running series on a certain topic. Hence, going forward, it shall be episode and no longer Part.

On that same day on 6th September 2010, before I left the hospital, I was asked to see the doctor again.

She told my father who was in the room as well that I am the very first patient (of all the patients she has done bronchoscopy on) who got so scared over this procedure. LoL! But fortunate enough, I was given sedation, if not, the bronchoscopy would never be done! I have read that some people who undergo the procedure without any sedation! WOW! That must be really uncomfortable!

It's a fact that I might be suffering from some sort of anxiety disorder. Yes, I get anxious easily on everyday matters. And I mean it.


Example #1

When I was working in the corporate sector, I'm always anxious everyday especially from 5pm onwards because I'm worried whether I will be receiving any emails from my boss asking me to complete any reports. It's because I'm getting ready to go home by then. It sucks so much when you are about to go home and you receive an email asking you to complete your report right now!

Example #2

I'm also always worried whether some other students would have borrowed my favourite book (which I plan to borrow it in a few days time) in my university library. So I would always check the library database almost every hour and everyday to make sure the book is still available a few days before I would borrow the book.

And the worst of all, I would get so anxious before I receive any injections. I would always squirm and breathe heavily before the doctor comes.

Anyway, the doctor told me that she would sent my specimens taken from my lungs just now to KL for them to culture it. This might take a few weeks to know the result. I was asked to come back to the hospital two weeks later. Meanwhile I was given some antibiotics to take (Amoxycillin + clavulanate potassium) while waiting for the long two weeks.


The antibiotic/penicillin with really big tablets (RM79).

I do hope the doctors in KL would have found something from my specimen so that I could avoid the lung biopsy.

Anyway the bill for the bronchoscopy came to about RM1,000. It was supposed to be about RM1,500 but the kind doctor decided to waive off her professional fees after my father asked her if a lower price could be charged. I'm really glad the doctor did that and I do appreciate that. The antibiotic costs me RM79. It is certainly not cheap to be sick.

No comments: