Sunday, September 5, 2010

Lung Infection - Part 8

On 1st September, when I was about to take the ANCA blood test. The doctor called me and said she wanted to talk with me. I do not have to take the blood test for now. Wooohooo. So I went to see the doctor again on 1st September.

She has spoken with the professor in KL and she advised me to do the lung biopsy.

What is a lung biopsy? I asked

She explained that a needle will be inserted into the lungs to collect some tissues from there. From there, they will inspect the tissue to identify whether it is a tumour or it is some fungal or bacterial infection. Also, I need to be hospitalised overnight after the lung biopsy so that I can be monitored in case anything happened.

She said that there is a risk of air leaking from the lungs after the lung biopsy if the cells failed to close after the insertion of the needle. Yikess!!! She said that a tube has to be inserted into the lungs in case that happened and I might be hospitalised for a few days. Oh my...

Yikes!!!, I began to squirm...

She also advised me to do the bronchoscopy.

Now it is a matter of decision to do the lung biopsy first or to do the bronchoscopy first.

Now I feel that doing the bronchoscopy is so much easier than doing the lung biopsy.

I look at her quizzically and she looked at me smiling.

Sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Why do I have to go through all these procedures?

Lung biopsy? Yikes!! It's a bloody and painful procedure. Just imagine you are awake and you could see a long needle being inserted into your lungs right in front of your eyes. Ewwww!

The same with bronchoscopy. Ewwww!

Finally after a long sighhh, I told the doctor I will do the bronchoscopy on 6th September.
As I am writing this, I'm so worried about tomorrow - 6th September, the day I will do the bronchoscopy.
Sighhh.

No comments: