Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Respiratory Disorder - Episode 14

When I went back to the hospital at 2pm, there was an unusual crowd waiting to see my doctor. I have to wait for about an hour before I was called.

She told me that there was not much changes to the x-ray. It was also hard for me to tell because the x-ray was not very clear for a layman to see. The doctor believed that the radiologist did not use enough radiation to penetrate my body. So, the image was not that visible compared to the one I took last month. But at least the radiologist and the doctor are able to interpret it.



The doctor then prescribed me an anti-fungal drug - fluconazole since she suspected that I have a fungal infection in my lungs. Also, my phlegm is positive for Candida which is a type of fungus. However, probably that was not the fungus that causes my cough because candida is a fungus that is commonly found in anyone's mouth.


Again, I have to undergo some medication of swallowing big big capsules which I don't fancy at all. What I'm undergoing now is some sort of a trial and error treatment because the doctor has yet to know exactly what causes my cough. We still have to wait for the full result of the bronchoscopy. The lung biopsy which I have yet to do would be somewhat a much faster and accurate diagnosis.

If the fluconazole could not cure me, then I have to go for the lung biopsy to find out what's wrong. Oh, Jesus, please help me.

It looks unlikely that I could avoid the lung biopsy. I do really hope that this fluconazole would cure everything. I just do not want to do the lung biopsy. My next appointment is about another two weeks time.

No comments: